Sometimes all it takes is a fresh coat of paint and new color to give your home's interior a completely enhanced look. Changing color schemes may seem overwhelming, but take a look at these beautiful color combinations from Better Homes and Gardens' 9 Designer Color Palettes.
With the recent severe drought in California, more buyers are looking for low maintenance yards or patios that require less watering. Rather than wasting water on keeping the grass green, homeowners are choosing to install water features, stone patios, succulent gardens, and imitation grass. Take a look at these ideas to create a beautiful outdoor space that doesn't require as much time or water to maintain.
For more ideas, visit the Landscaping Network's Low Maintenance Backyards
When selling your home, curb appeal really matters. This doesn't mean that you have to do any major improvements to the front of your home to improve your home's value. These simple tips will give your home a polished look so that it's ready to hit the market in style.
- Rent a power washer and clean the driveway, porch, decks and siding.
- Place a few brightly colored pots and plants on your patio.
- Add window boxes filled with brightly colored flowers.
- Line your driveway with inexpensive solar lighting.
- Place a welcome rug outside of your front door.
- Trim your bushes and cut the grass.
- Add a new mailbox, door knocker or numbers to give an updated look.
For more ideas, visit HGTV's 10 Curb Appeal Tips from the Pros